Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do you worry about your Future and Career?

Do you worry about your Future and Career?


worry about the course you are studying now is useless in the future? or your
friends told you study art and design would bring you to a better and brighter
future? your cousin or uncle told you, study graphic design or interior design
(Beh tan Chiak) ? which means cannot find money? or your parent told you, you
must study this and that,,but not art and design " becos i dont like it
"

Back in 1993, i remembered when i was still in Form 3 in Sekolah Menengah
Kebangsaan Bukit Mertajam,

Penang

. that was a
time i suddenly thought of my future, cos as you know,,later form 3 or shall i
say after PMR, we are forced to select either you want to go for Sains class or
art class or account ..rite... then i thought to myself, since i love to draw
then i should go for art stream, but then later on after i finished my PMR and
got the result (though was suck)... but i still managed to join Science, becos
i was thinking science scope is bigger, and of cos ,,that doesnt do any harm either
you are taking wat during your secondary school...cos the MAIN point is,,,are
you doing your best,,, if you are doing your best,,no matter what stream you
are,,,you are SOMETHING different in there. thats wat i believe. we always do
our best...ok,,,that was the intro of my life path.

Why that, cos before that, many people told me,,, if you take Science, you need
to study double, and it's not a focus subject, unlike account or sastera or
wat, and you like art, you should go to art,,bla bla bla,,,all kinds of
opinions and ideas,,, " too much cook, spoil the soup" .. for my own
principle, i do wat i feel i want to do, no body can influence me, without
influenced by their opinion, of cos I do take people’s advice for
consideration. So without thinking further, i strait signed into science and
finished it.

 

But later on I think of am I going to be something like
scientist of wat, does it influence me if I am to study in a graphic college?
After thinking of so much, I still do my best in my form 4 and 5 of cos I took
extra subject in Lukisan lah…., after I got my SPM result, I came to Equator
Academy or Art.

 

So in 1996 April, I joined EAA, and before that, many people
told me,,,study Graphic design ahh,,,, you die la,,, no future la,,,wat wat
la,,, cannot earn money la,,one month salary not enough to buy food for your
fish la,,dog la,,,like tat…wah,,,so teruk meh… but frankly tell you, though I
heard so many negative feed back, but I still focus on wat I want to do and
study. Still focus on my GOLE, and go for it.

 

When I came to 1998 July, it was my 3rd year in
EAA, and that time I was rushing my final project ade, and again I thought of,
HOW AH,,now almost finish study liao, don know can find job boh,,,, then still decide not to think too much as I
believe GOD will make a way. Then really when I started my 3rd year
first term, a lecturer came to me and asked me if I want to work part time for a graphic design agency. To me,
it was something really new and tough, cos I need to work at the same time, I
need to rush my final.. as an opportunity, I grab this chance and willing to go
for an interview, who knows, the boss strait accept me, without interview,
so I guess it was kind of lucky and also
a new task in my life.

So, I started to work part time and at the same time, im
building my skills and my knowledge on graphic design, and after sometimes, I
gain lots of knowledge during the work. And it’s the same word, I DO MY BEST
even in the job, and boss somehow noticed my ability, and asked me to come to
work with them as a full timer after I finish my study……VUALAH………here it is, I
got my job even before I was graduated.

 

I finished my diploma in 1999 April and strait work as a
full time graphic designer in the agency. Actually join the agency in 1998
july, I spent a year plus plus there and learnt lots of thing.

 

OK, after the long old story, the point is,

1.) Do
the best in any course you are studying in now, don listen to wat people say
but believe in yourself and your own ability. If you are doing your best in the
specific situation, sure you will be outstanding, and those outstanding always
would be the one with a better future and career. Imagine, if you are a boss,
will you employ a worker with full of C or D in his/her cert? NO of cos, but
you would prefer to employ a TOP student rite. So as the reality. Do your best
in where you are, that’s the most important ones.

2.) Focus
on what you are doing and be serious on it, know what you are doing everytime,
but not doing it foolishly and blindly. Without objectives and aims, then
that’s really stupid. Always ask and seek for advice and learn from seniors or
others… this is how we learn, be humble to learn, learning is not a waste,,, if
you are to learn something on THAT DAY,,,,even a worse person would make an
impact in your life on that day, you might found out you learn something from
the worse person on that day.

3.) Just
remember one thing, your career starts now, and it begins NOW, if you plan to
work hard on your 3rd year, and let it sucks for the 1st
and 2nd year, then you are GONE ! so if you have that kind of
thinking, then stop it, cos you need to work REALLY hard from now, REALLY HARD
you know. Cos all the result you get during your 1st year will be
accumulated with your 2nd and 3rd year result. So if you
got more than 70% sucks result,,then will end up getting a poor diploma.

4.) You
want to play, yes,,there is lots of time to play, is just the matter how you
manage your time.

5.) Im
not trying to scare you here, but remember, now is 2008 ,,, education is very
important, GOV sector, NO chance for you ya…., don even think about it. So wat
we do, we can only work amongst the private sector, what happen if you are
USELESS to private sector, which mean you got no where to go, then why you
waste your time 3 years here? You learn nothing yet useless to the world. Think
and plan for yourself. If you think im joking and talking nonsense, then good
luck to you.

 

Conclusion, no matter what course you studying now, is all
the same, you can study doctor or lawyer, what happen if you got very bad
result, the conclusion is,,,you are still useless and jobless. It’s the same as
you study art and design, if you got poor result, the same ending. So, one
thing to remember .. . . do your best in which ever area you are.
That’s the most important one. God will do his part if you have done your part .


long gas-ed,

momo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the post